Plant Operator will monitor and maintain water and wastewater treatment systems to comply with TCEQ Requirements.
• Conducts field runs to facilities to calculate and record daily usage.
• Compares readings on equipment and processes with established operational ranges to evaluate system performance. Initiates system changes within established guidelines to effect process control.
• Monitors gauges, meters and control panels; and controls variations and operating conditions of the treatment process. Records meter and gauge readings.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections, such as checking equipment, taking samples and being properly stored, adjusting operating parameters and visually inspecting treatment processes.
• Ensures plant safety and sanitary requirements:
o Washes down treatment processors
o Cleans clarifier, blower filters, rotor screens, etc.
o Maintains plant grounds, i.e. collects litter
o Water distribution and sewer collection system
• Maintains log of effluent flow rates, records pertaining to production, maintenance and treatment as required including reading carts, flow meters, and gauges to detect equipment malfunctions.
• Provides managers/supervisors with status reports and relays information to other affected. Coordinates the delivery of support materials, information and personnel from main office.
• Assists in formulation and update of water/wastewater treatment plant manual.
• Communicates and coordinates work with other operators and support personnel by telephone or face to face.
• Control room for monitoring multiple systems.
• Performs other duties as requested by management such as work orders put out by front office anything from repair a leak to changing a meter just depends on job.
• Must be able to applicable and adapt to change
• Must be reliable because this facility runs 24/7, Rain or Shine
Good/Steady Work History
Capable of following a Chief Operator instructions.
Preferred Texas Class “C” Water/Wastewater operator’s certificate.
Minimum Accepted is Class “D” Water/Wastewater operator’s certificate
Must be able to communicate with other Employees and the Public.
Employee - Full Time
Depends on Experience Negotiable
Contact this Employer »